I am not too old on Twitter and not very popular either, but I love its design and here are my reasons:
- It is the simplest application that you can use.
- Everything on Twitter is transparent. You can either follow someone and see everything they tweet or not follow and see almost nothing from them ( you can still see any re-tweets from the ones you follow). There is no mid way like FaceBook where you can be friends but choose not to follow what they post.
- There is one button for Follow and Unfollow – Simple
- There is word limit – it lets people be creative within that space while limiting the not so creatives also to that limit.
- There is no interference with what you see – no truncation of your tweets to certain percentage of your followers.
- There is only one screen, you can personalize by changing the background and thats it
- Everyone can see who you follow and who follows you and even what lists you own and belong to
- Yes, there are promoted posts and Ids, but they come with a sign telling you so.
- You can send Direct Messages to only those who follow you – an implicit permission for a private chat
- Most Important – Conversations here happen right here in this moment, instantly most of the times. Its like a tool to teach us to Live in the Moment.
In case you want to follow me, I am here : https://twitter.com/anuradhagoyal